QA-UK Ltd has been in profit since the first day, with strong relationships to and contracts from Total E&P, and projects in biomedicine, biofuel analytics (including genomics, lipidomics, glycomics and proteomics), in oil and gas (‘O&G’), water, security and environmental analytics. In the 1990’s and 2000’s, QA-UK personnel also led the development of analytics for the successful $285m rapid vaccine programme sponsored by the US Government through the DARPA, DTRA and BARDA agencies, led by Texas A&M in College Station. This programme will be able to produce 100m vaccine doses within a 40 day period, with key quality control steps undertaken by the same tools used by QA-UK in its O&G, environmental and biomedical analytics programmes. At the heart of these endeavours is the use of sophisticated and carefully tested informatics tools, developed through UK government-funded world-leading data-mining and visualisation approaches designed to work across multiple platforms, with real-time analytics at their heart.
Products and Services which are or have been offered by the QA-UK team:
- Data acquisition and processing
- Proteomics, data validation and normalisation database management systems such as MySQL, Microsoft Access, Oracle
- 3D modeling and rapid prototyping of complex structures
- Data modeling and visualization
- Reconciling mass spectroscopic data with those of other analytical tools
- Use of proteomics analytical and data mining tools
- Bespoke analytical solutions in hardware and software with a wide range of techniques, QTOF-MS, HPLC, HPCE, biochip, Seldi-TOF
- QA-UK personnel also have strong relationships with world experts in the Centre for Integrative Systems Biology and Bioinformatics at Imperial College London, part of the Institute of Systems and Synthetic Biology, and with the Imperial College Institute of Security, Science and Technology.